Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The BIG 30

For JD's birthday I surprised him with a weekend trip to Salt Lake!! Totally sounds dumb but we had a blast. We dropped the kids off Saturday afternoon checked into our hotel and then headed to the Utah game. Sporting events are 100 times better when you are there.
Can you tell by the smile on his face how happy he was. After the game we went swimming and then walked around Salt Lake at 11:30pm looking for somewhere to eat because JD was starving, we thought it was maybe 10.
Sunday we slept in until 9 and it was heaven. We then went to the breakfast buffet at The Grand America and boy where we out of place. It was fun to see how the wealthy eat and interact with others. Some good and some we wanted to slap across the face. After receiving the bill we agreed that, that was a once in a lifetime experience, even though the food was delicious. Later that day we got to tour the roof of the conference center and then headed back to the pool.
Monday we did our 8-mile run up City Creek Canyon. I love to run while on vacations because there are so many new and exciting things to look at. After training for a marathon I swear I have been on every street in Herriman a dozen times. We then made one last relaxing trip to the pool before saying goodbye to our relaxing weekend in the city.
We got home from our weekend in Salt Lake and headed to the lake. Here is Kaden learning how to surf.
Hanging ten with Colby
Love Tylers piggy nose!! I didn't get any pics of the b-day boy :(

Happy Birthday Honey!! You are the best and I don't know what I would do without you!! You amaze me everyday!!

5 comments:

The Nortons said...

Happy birthday JD! Looks like a wonderful vacation :)

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday JD! Looks like you guys had a blast! We would have come bearing gifts, but we figured last years gift was LARGE enough to cover you...i mean her...again this year.:) Hope it was great!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday JD, your wife is pretty awesome! I want to see some more of these adorable family pics too!!!

britta said...

Happy Birthday JD! Miss you guys like crazy! Miss runnin those Herriman streets with you Alisa!

April said...

What a fun weekend! Happy Belated Birthday JD! What a wonderful wifey to plan such a great weekend!!!!